IN ONE SENTENCE-WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING?
ApertusVR is an embeddable, framework-independent, platform-independent, network-topology-independent and distributed Augmented / Virtual / Mixed Reality engine, which creates a new abstraction layer over the hardware vendors in order to rapidly integrate virtual and augmented reality technologies into new/existing developments, products.
WHAT PROBLEM ARE YOU SOLVING?
Nowadays there are too many operating systems and AR / VR / MR platforms and devices on the market. Different AR / VR / MR developments solve the same problems all the time because there is no embeddable, framework/platform/device-independent, IoT supported, modular AR / VR / MR engine at all.
WHAT IS THE PRIMARY USE CASE YOU’RE SOLVING FOR?
With our library, development processes can be much faster and convenient in AR/VR/MR fields. The customer only has to add its business logic to the development.
WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION?
Our solution is ApertusVR: a programming library, which has unique features on the market (embeddable, modular, framework/platform/device-independent, distributed as mentioned before).
WHO WANTS YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE?
- Companies developing AR/VR/MR products
- Institutes researching AR/VR/MR solutions; Industrial customers who would like to use AR/VR/MR on product lines
- Universities to teach AR/VR/MR/3D subjects, courses
IF LAUNCHED, WHAT IS CURRENT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK AND TESTIMONIAL ON THE PRODUCT? WHAT IS THE NPS?
Every client is amazed by our software/solution, they really like the capabilities ApertusVR has. Our NPS is 9.7.
HOW DO YOU DISTRIBUTE YOUR PRODUCT / HOW DO USERS FIND OUT ABOUT YOU?
Our marketing strategy includes:
- promote our research, developments on our blog and on social platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- help developers, engineers on forums (StackOverflow, Quora, etc.)
- submit articles, reports, demos for media and to relevant Science/Computer/Technology/Art magazines
- attend Expos in Tech, Industry, Computer Science areas for networking (i.e.: Web Summit, TechCrunch, VRTO, etc.)
- create courses at universities for educational purpose
- make tutorial videos, examples for online
HOW DO YOU/WILL YOU MAKE MONEY?
As the developers of ApertusVR, currently we are able to deliver:
- AR/VR/MR developments with
- shorter development cycles
- reduced development costs
- clear responsibility matrix
- our 3D point cloud streaming technology for Media, Entertainment, Industry, Science, Education...
- our Remote industrial production monitoring and controlling
- building CAVE systems
- for more, check our projects here.
and to deliver in the future:
- 3D web-hosting
- Unified 3D asset store for developers and artists
- more coming soon...
WHO ARE YOUR BIGGEST COMPETITORS?
As we know, we do not have any competitors yet with the same properties we have: open-source; embeddable; platform/framework-independent; supports multiplayer mode, IoT devices and distributed computation.
WHY WILL YOU WIN AMONGST YOUR COMPETITION? WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE?
- Existing products/software cannot be extended with AR/VR/MR capabilities currently. ApertusVR solves software and hardware dependencies.
- Existing AR/VR/MR solutions make one packaged executable with all the assets/software components/tasks. ApertusVR's configurable ecosystem provides you a wide variety of plugins for different computation tasks, which can be distributed among the computational participants (or devices). For example, the simulation-computing device (HPC server) does not need to run rendering, the displaying device/participant (tablet, smartphone) only renders the calculated results.
- ApertusVR can give a layer above present industrial robot communication protocols and gives the opportunity to build up a virtual reality scene / digital twin based on the communication data.
- ApertusVR supports multiple participants in the same scene/space.
HOW BIG IS YOUR INITIAL TARGET MARKET? YOUR TOTAL TARGET MARKET?
The statistic shows the forecast consumer virtual reality software and hardware market size worldwide from 2016 to 2021. In 2018, the consumer virtual reality market is estimated to reach a value of 4.5 billion U.S. dollars.
WHAT ARE THE MILESTONES YOU ARE PLANNING TO ACHIEVE?
- Extend natively supported platforms (embedded platforms too) in one year
- Make more plugins for controllers, IO devices, HMDs in two years
- Make more tutorial videos for developers in next half year (continuously)
- Increase community around ApertusVR, focusing on high and online education platforms in one year
- Develop our continuous integration in one year
Fore more, please check our RoadMap.